September 2019 - Warm End of September

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
unome

tireman4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 am Montgomery/ Liberty Co Weather Watch
10 mins ·
Post office on Aldine bender just Collapsed
KHOU just reported on tv it was a USPS sorting facility

HFD tweeted it, pics at the link https://twitter.com/HoustonFire/status/ ... 0351490048
HFD is responding to a building collapse on Aldine Bender Road. The flat roof of a post office facility mail distribution area collapsed. The building was occupied at the time but everyone made it out. 3 people are being transported with minor injuries. @FireChiefofHFD
jasons2k

TexasBreeze wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:29 pm New small showers by Conroe developing (maybe what hrrr has reforming nw?), but at least the band is moving this far.
Check the visible satellite loops. Tells the story. It's like feeding a monster.
sau27

Huge blow up going up around Katy
Attachments
blow up.JPG
unome

people, stay put - don't drive in this stuff https://www.harriscountyfws.org/
TxLady

The sun is coming out, here in New Waverly, just inside the Walker County Line. We haven't had much rain, at all. Hot and Muggy...
Kingwood36

East end is getting pounded baker hughes om navagation blvd is sending ppl home
sau27

I am also wondering to what extent, if at all, the southerly jet feeding in from the south is going to have on the speed of the line as it tries to move south.
redneckweather

Storms died off northwest of Houston thankfully.
txbear

sau27 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm Huge blow up going up around Katy
can confirm. it's trying to moderate some as the heaviest has moved south. lightning was intense as any i've seen, and can still here the rolling thunder from down south.
bikerack

Water finally receding around my home in Kingwood (King’s Manor). Came in 4 ft into the garage. Had to make makeshift sandbags with trash bags filled with water.

Saw a pic elsewhere of the Kingwood HEB flooded to the sidewalk.

Hope everyone else is safe.
jasons2k

The northern rainband upstream from me is falling apart. Looks like the southern bands down in Houston are cutting-off the inflow. This is good news for me but not good news for folks south of me. We'll see how long it lasts. I am concerned about afternoon instability ramping things-up again upstream from me later on though. I'm also really watching to see if this band stalls and/or pulls back north later today or tonight.

It's not over 'till it's over....
Cromagnum

Mets on S2K pointed out the gravity waves off to the southwest of us. Not a good sign.

Ounce

sau27 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm Huge blow up going up around Katy
I guess that's where the Jet Stream diverges.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kingwood36 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:44 pm East end is getting pounded baker hughes om navagation blvd is sending ppl home
Right down the street from me
jasons2k

Cromagnum wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:50 pm Mets on S2K pointed out the gravity waves off to the southwest of us. Not a good sign.
Yes, lots of energy feeding this thing. I don't see it stooping anytime soon. Yes the bands will shift around based on mesoscale interactions, but overall, the blob is getting fed by lots of energy. Theta-e will be crazy with heating on the west side, getting pumped right into it. I would expect the SPC or WPC to issue a statement on this before too long.
txbear

i had a very sneaky suspicion that we would need to keep an eye on the SW as the day wore on. i think what i was seeing earlier was a major inflow of moisture that cause the Katy area flare up. those feeder cells keep merging with the main line and just adding to the deluge. street and sidewalks are fast-moving rivers.
jasons2k

Just got word that 99 Eastbound near the San Jacinto river is closed; everyone must exit Rayford.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI: HGX advises the radar on their homepage/site is no longer updating. Seems to be an issue with radar.weather.gov as well
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
davidiowx

Srain, does this radar use the HGX radar as well?

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/i ... X-N0Q-1-24

The reason I ask, it looks like it is just hanging out over Ft Bend County around Fulsher and Richmond area with no real movement as the storms are constantly being feed with moisture from the south.
Rip76

Friendswood is getting absolutely pounded.
  • Information