September 2019 - Warm End of September

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Rip76

davidiowx wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am I think that is the first time I have seen a Civil Emergency Message before.
Same here.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The problem is that these storms are just primed at the ready for heavy rainfall..the dynamics are there (high PWATS), scary inflow (25-40 knots) and seriously high dewpoints (78-80 degrees). It will take awhile for them to start to weaken. This will be a long day.
Scott747

This is insane. Looks like another training line is trying to set up along the coast.
Kingwood36

Man its flooding in kongwood and i have to drive to downtown to the east end...think ill be ok?
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

From Jeff's Facebook Page..

Jeff Lindner
10 mins ·
House flooding likely Greenspoint, all Greens Bayou below US 58

Halls Bayou

Cedar Bayou

garners bayous

Numerous rescues are in progress from vehicles
ccbluewater

Kingwood36 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am Man its flooding in kongwood and i have to drive to downtown to the east end...think ill be ok?
Lots of messages being broadcast to stay off of the roads.. I am not sure of your situation, but It seems to be a definite risk.
BlueJay

Kingwood36 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am Man its flooding in kongwood and i have to drive to downtown to the east end...think ill be ok?
I would say NO!
don

Wow the rain is so heavy right now, my street is already starting to flood.
BlueJay

Any idea where Imelda is heading? Will she go to Waco or hook back around to Beaumont? (Yikes!)
tsb2107

Not looking good with showers continuing to build northwest of Houston metro.
davidiowx

So what are y'alls thoughts on the SW side of town this afternoon? I have to make a decision to let people go home or not (I already let some employees who are on the North side stay home this morning. But I don't want to wait until the last minute and have people drive in this, but I also don't want them stranded on the roads or at work either. Tough call..
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Montgomery/ Liberty Co Weather Watch
10 mins ·
Post office on Aldine bender just Collapsed
unome

tireman4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 am Montgomery/ Liberty Co Weather Watch
10 mins ·
I was watching channel 2, thought they said a UPS facility on Aldine Bender? Have not been able to find info on though, do you have a link to more info ? Whichever one, those poor people :(
jasons2k

davidiowx wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:15 am So what are y'alls thoughts on the SW side of town this afternoon? I have to make a decision to let people go home or not (I already let some employees who are on the North side stay home this morning. But I don't want to wait until the last minute and have people drive in this, but I also don't want them stranded on the roads or at work either. Tough call..
It’s an easy call. If the rain hasn’t started between the office and home, get home ASAP.
ajurcat

davidiowx wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:15 am So what are y'alls thoughts on the SW side of town this afternoon? I have to make a decision to let people go home or not (I already let some employees who are on the North side stay home this morning. But I don't want to wait until the last minute and have people drive in this, but I also don't want them stranded on the roads or at work either. Tough call..
Tough call but err on the side of caution. Send them home now. I'm in Spring Branch and it's flooding here now.
sau27

What area exactly. If the rain isnt to you yet, maybe give them the option to go if they live nearby. Wouldnt want anyone to travel north though. More than likely safer at work though.
jasons2k

Roofer came by. Defective vent. Luckily it was just the one vent over the garage, so no water got into the house.

Some of the streets in Imperial Oaks started to flood, but quickly drained with the lull. Thank goodness my house sits on a little ridge.

5.80” since midnight and it’s ramping up again.

Photo of my backyard on Storm2k.
Last edited by jasons2k on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

unome wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:24 am
10 mins ·
I was watching channel 2, thought they said a UPS facility on Aldine Bender? Have not been able to find info on though, do you have a link to more info ? Whichever one, those poor people :(
I got it from the Montgomery/Liberty County Weather Watch Facebook Page...

https://www.facebook.com/MoCoLibCoWeath ... 15sjBTfxnW
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

The trend has been weakening over the immediate Houston area, but the concern for street flooding remains. With that said, at this point, it's probably best to stay put.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
unome

tireman4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:28 am
unome wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:24 am
10 mins ·
I got it from the Montgomery/Liberty County Weather Watch Facebook Page...

https://www.facebook.com/MoCoLibCoWeath ... 15sjBTfxnW

thanks - I see where they posted that, I can't find anything on kprc's site, but I swear they said on tv it was UPS facility - a lot of worried loved ones of people who work for either one, I wish they would give a source when they report stuff like this
  • Information