September 2019 - Warm End of September

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

EURO moves the biggest rainfall threat to the east
Tx2005

mcheer23 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 am EURO moves the biggest rainfall threat to the east
Do you mind posting an image? How far to the east?
javakah

Tx2005 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:25 am
mcheer23 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 am EURO moves the biggest rainfall threat to the east
Do you mind posting an image? How far to the east?
https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/te ... 0000z.html

Houston was previously pretty much dead center for the heaviest stuff. In this latest run, the city of Houston is just on the western edge of the heavier stuff, with most of it being between Houston and the TX/LA border. There’s also rather large gradient involved, such that the western metro areas are largely spared (just a few inches of rain).

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/te ... 0000z.html
Scott747

Hopefully this isn't a training line setting up all the way down by Victoria.

Quite the blowup of storms taking shape to the SW.
Scott747

Folks need to take this seriously. WPC just issued a high risk for part of our area.

I'm at almost 5 inches since midnight...
jasons2k

No core rain event overnight. I’m amazed the core is passing by me to the west by a few miles, and I’ve had only .040” amazing, really. The Montgomery County forcefield is still in full effect.
Scott747

10 inches in Sargent since around midnight.

Almost 5 inches in Midfield in an hour, small town w of Sargent
djmike

Man, really coming down in Beaumont this morning. Looks like the largest band on the entire system is about to give us quite a whopping and for a while. 5.5” yesterday and this morning 1” and counting fast. So far this system has dumped 6.5” IMBY and the worst has yet to come. Employees were sent home yesterday from flooding roads at work. Probably will get the message shortly to not attempt this morning. Not liking this trend of all the models sending the heavy stuff over Beaumont and the Golden Triangle...Stay safe everyone!
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

The WPC issues rare High Risk for Excessive Rainfall today across portions of our Region.
Attachments
94ewbg(16).gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
stormlover

We as in Beaumont going to get hammered today plus Houston!!! Not good
jasons2k

So far, huge bust roughly north and west of downtown Houston. All the heavy stuff is south and east. No 30” for Waller, no widespread 20” for NW Harris...but that’s a good thing. I’d like to get some rain out of this though - geez. It is finally raining harder than a sprinkle here, and the core finally appears after being absent all night.
djmike

Just got an automated message from my work in Beaumont to not attempt the road to my work and to stay home and off the roads. Looks like it will be a work from home day as many roads are filling up quickly. Good call from my work.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Cromagnum

My job in LJ just said to use your best judgment.
snowman65

djmike wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 am Just got an automated message from my work in Beaumont to not attempt the road to my work and to stay home and off the roads. Looks like it will be a work from home day as many roads are filling up quickly. Good call from my work.
Wish they would tell us that lol...I'de go home real quick-like. I've been at work since 6am. Didnt notice any problems but I'm sure they are on the way.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Portions of Matagorda and Brazoria Counties have been experiencing 5 inch per hour rainfall rate over the past couple of hours. It does appear the surface low has slowed or possibly began a drift back to the West in Montgomery County.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
djmike

snowman65 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 am
djmike wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 am Just got an automated message from my work in Beaumont to not attempt the road to my work and to stay home and off the roads. Looks like it will be a work from home day as many roads are filling up quickly. Good call from my work.
Wish they would tell us that lol...I'de go home real quick-like. I've been at work since 6am. Didnt notice any problems but I'm sure they are on the way.
You might. If you’re in orange, this large hefty band isn’t moving much. I know a few underpasses here in Beaumont that are already closed.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Cromagnum

It's not bad here at the house so I'll probably make the journey down to Lake Jackson to assess. Conditions can likely change in a hurry, but that's why I have a pickup truck and the drive to/from is 99% on 288. We'll see how things go.
snowman65

djmike wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:26 am
snowman65 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 am
You might. If you’re in orange, this large hefty band isn’t moving much. I know a few underpasses here in Beaumont that are already closed.
I live in Orange but work in Beaumont downtown near the civic center. Hope it doesnt get too crazy here.
unome

srainhoutx wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:26 amPortions of Matagorda and Brazoria Counties have been experiencing 5 inch per hour rainfall rate over the past couple of hours. It does appear the surface low has slowed or possibly began a drift back to the West in Montgomery County.
the LCRA hydromet map lets you overlay & loop current radar - the Sargent gage in Matagorda Bay map view is coming up on 22" & getting more training rains https://hydromet.lcra.org/#

edit to add: follow on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/LCRA
unome

Scott747 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:12 am Folks need to take this seriously. WPC just issued a high risk for part of our area.

I'm at almost 5 inches since midnight...
I hope you & yours stayed safe, Scott - keeping you in good thoughts
  • Information