August 2019: Weak Cold Front/Rain Chances To End August

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
DoctorMu

txbear wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:11 am Majority of wildfire activity has been in the vastness of the Big Country and up towards the Red River Valley. While it is beneficial, let's hope we have good sustained rainfall to keep the fire activity low or at least easily manageable.

https://public.tfswildfires.com/incidents
When driving back through Oklahoma on Monday, the grass literally turns from green to brown at the state line. Brown virtually all the way to BCS.

Fort Worth was parched.
DoctorMu

Texaspirate11 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 am Well back from 70 degree weather and into the heat ....
Dorian - what a beast - my prayers go out to all in Florida - the anxiety must be threw the roof

One of the most frightening aspects is the slow strom speed from Sunday night through Tuesday night.

The Euro run might spare Florida, but could damage areas of North Carolina from Wilmington through Cape Lookout that were absolutely wrecked by Florence.
jasons2k

It's thundering and sprinkling here now...

Edit: Big red blowup *just* to my north...but arcing around me....I'm right on the edge...lots of thunder and an occasional drop of rain pings but it just won't break through!!!

Also a new cell literally just exploded out of nowhere the other side of 45 and is merging with this one. That's the wrong side though....I just stepped outside and looked east - the low cloud base stops directly overhead, nothing to the east -- I'm afraid this is yet another tease. And probably the worst one too.
jasons2k

So this has been going on for almost an hour now. Lots of thunder and the occasional ping of rain, but but it just won't rain.

STMS = Sick to my stomach
unome

DoctorMu

jasons wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 pm So this has been going on for almost an hour now. Lots of thunder and the occasional ping of rain, but but it just won't rain.

STMS = Sick to my stomach
We were in the grocery store and there was a 15 min downpour. 2 miles back at the house - Nothing. By then I had already talked by self out of mowing and headed to the hardware store for some plumbing fittings.
jasons2k

Well it’s today or bust. Rain chances were 40% for me, trimmed to 30% now. Then it’s just more dry and hot.

If I don’t get any rain I will close the month with about .55”. I need a yard sign that says “Welcome to El Paso!”
jasons2k

Here comes the outflow / sea breeze from the SE. Had healthy convection with it earlier but as it crossed US 59, it just all falls apart. This rain free stretch is starting to remind me of 2011.
mckinne63

Seeing some dark clouds here in Stafford. Fingers crossed.
davidiowx

Thank you Mother Nature for the intense T’storm have been dumping on my house for the past 20 min and it’s still continuing!!!
  • Information