August 2019: Weak Cold Front/Rain Chances To End August

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
mckinne63

Had a brief shower on the way home from work in SW Houston area around 10am this morning. It was about a 2-3 mile stretch. When I made it to sugarland, dry as a bone. Have seen some clouds off and on at the house in Stafford, but no rain.
Rip76

Some heavy rain coming down on the south side of town.
Cromagnum

The heavy stuff is just swirling around me, but not actually getting on top of me.
CrashTestDummy

Pretty much the same here. Flash flood warning to the east of the homestead, big t-storm to the south. So far, just a sprinkle. I'm fine with that, though, we've already had about 4" this week. It would be nice not to have to wash the pups black feet off every time they come into the house.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

"You can learn a lot from a Dummy."
Kingwood36

Storm clouds all around me..thunder,lightning...not a single drop
jasons2k

Kingwood36 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:00 pm Storm clouds all around me..thunder,lightning...not a single drop
Yeah the outflow blew through here and now it’s all north and west of here.
Cpv17

Wow, the radar is really beginning to pop with the heating of the day. Looking good!!
jasons2k

I'm getting worried I'm gonna miss out, again!! A nice solid red line going-up and expanding just to my west. Woodlands and Conroe are getting it, then down to Klein and Jersey Village. I'm getting nothing but thunder here. Ugh. My only hope is that it's still a little early in the day...but I'm down to 89 degrees now...
Cromagnum

Dry slotted in Rosharon. This impressive line missed me on all sides.
jasons2k

I'm getting another round of thunder close by, as a new cell pops-up *just* to my north. Still nothing here....still painfully close.
Rip76

Thoughts since watching satellite since yesterday, that it would spin up as a minimal TS while moving ashore.
jasons2k

That cell to my north keeps reforming, almost rotating and spinning is place....so close...been doing this for over an hour now. Lots of thunder but still no rain.

Update - I'm finally getting some rain here. Nothing heavy, but it's raining. Better than nothing.
869MB

jasons wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm That cell to my north keeps reforming, almost rotating and spinning is place....so close...been doing this for over an hour now. Lots of thunder but still no rain.

Update - I'm finally getting some rain here. Nothing heavy, but it's raining. Better than nothing.
And do you want to take a wild guess at whose neighborhood has seen nothing but sunshine all day today?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I picked up a little over a half an inch this afternoon.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Texaspirate11

Dont hate me yall but I just landed in Minneapolis and its 75 going down to 59 tonight....and got lots of rain by the bay I guess cuz the alerts were going off....
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
MontgomeryCoWx

Texaspirate11 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:41 pm Dont hate me yall but I just landed in Minneapolis and its 75 going down to 59 tonight....and got lots of rain by the bay I guess cuz the alerts were going off....
I envy you
Team #NeverSummer
djmike

With daytime heating diminishing, these storms and coverage sure fizzled. Figured this was gonna be an all night deal for us in Beaumont. FFW issued till tomorrow night. 80% for us tomorrow. We’ll see.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Cpv17

jasons wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm That cell to my north keeps reforming, almost rotating and spinning is place....so close...been doing this for over an hour now. Lots of thunder but still no rain.

I feel your pain. There’s been some heavy rain around my house lately, but all we’ve had is light stuff. Nothing over a tenth of an inch yet.
Cpv17

djmike wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:56 pm With daytime heating diminishing, these storms and coverage sure fizzled. Figured this was gonna be an all night deal for us in Beaumont. FFW issued till tomorrow night. 80% for us tomorrow. We’ll see.
The Beaumont/Port Arthur region is typically the wettest in the entire state. I’m sure you guys will get dumped on cuz that’s what almost always happens there.
Texashawk

“Where’s that 6 inches you promised me, David?” 😆
  • Information