February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
vbhoutex

Looking at radars, local obs,etc. I have to agree that it appears that this will play out as predicted. However, it has warmed up 2 degrees at my house in Spring Branch since mid morning. That is a little weird considering we have been having some light rain on and off. ULL center is now near Big Bend or a little East of there so it appears to be on progged track. If anything it may have more moisture to work with than first thought so I will be watching this unfold with much interest.
brazoria_county22

ticka1 wrote:I am a mean mom - I told my DD14 is wasn't going to snow - we were too far south and it was too warm.....so if it does snow its a complete surprise but she won't pester me. Gotta love being the parent.

NWS still calling for a rain/snow mix down ehere for us coastal peeps...
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

vbhoutex wrote:Looking at radars, local obs,etc. I have to agree that it appears that this will play out as predicted. However, it has warmed up 2 degrees at my house in Spring Branch since mid morning. That is a little weird considering we have been having some light rain on and off. ULL center is now near Big Bend or a little East of there so it appears to be on progged track. If anything it may have more moisture to work with than first thought so I will be watching this unfold with much interest.
Up here too David. But the DP has dropped though. Now down to 34 and the wind has really picked up the past 20 minutes. Also noticed it's the sky is getting darker to my W.

Edit to add that the rain has started now as well.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Mr. T

Current ob out of CLL is moderate rain, however, I bet it is mixed with snow and will likely change to all snow with the next update. Just a few miles north, Hearne is experiencing moderate snowfall with visibility down to 1/4 mile. CLL is likely about to see a nice snowfall rate.

Corsicana is also seeing near heavy snowfall with a temp of 31.
randybpt

Definitely a bust sun is out temps in upper 40' s here beaumont still going with my gut on this one and keeping no snow out south of hwy 105
Mr. T

randybpt wrote:Definitely a bust sun is out temps in upper 40' s here beaumont still going with my gut on this one and keeping no snow out south of hwy 105
ok
Mr. T

If any of our posters in the CLL area would like to give us some updates, that would be great!
polisciaggie

Really heavy sleet a few minutes ago at CLL, snow its snowing really heavy.
Mr. T

polisciaggie wrote:Really heavy sleet a few minutes ago at CLL, snow its snowing really heavy.
I thought so!!!

You have a lot more snow to come! Enjoy this one
redneckweather

Just heard from another buddy....snow is now falling in College Station.
houstongirl

Mr. T wrote:If any of our posters in the CLL area would like to give us some updates, that would be great!
I just heard from my niece at A&M that it is snowing outside her apartment. Not sure if it's heavy or light.
rnmm

Where is CLL?? or is there a website I can use to know the abbreviations? Thank you all

Congrats and YAY for you all who have snow how exciting!!!!
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
weatherrabbit

Mr. T wrote:Current ob out of CLL is moderate rain, however, I bet it is mixed with snow and will likely change to all snow with the next update. Just a few miles north, Hearne is experiencing moderate snowfall with visibility down to 1/4 mile. CLL is likely about to see a nice snowfall rate.

Corsicana is also seeing near heavy snowfall with a temp of 31.

according to kbtx.com....sleeting and starting to mix with snow now...that was about 5 mintues ago per update from there website..
polisciaggie

rnmm wrote:Where is CLL?? or is there a website I can use to know the abbreviations? Thank you all

College Station, it's the airport code for Easterwood Airport which is in College Station.
Mr. T

redneckweather wrote:Just heard from another buddy....snow is now falling in College Station.
Nice!
I just heard from my niece at A&M that it is snowing outside her apartment. Not sure if it's heavy or light.
Thanks for the reports, guys

The pics from up there should be sweet
southerngale

randybpt wrote:Definitely a bust sun is out temps in upper 40' s here beaumont still going with my gut on this one and keeping no snow out south of hwy 105
Where is it in the upper 40s? All Beaumont area obs show low to mid 40s. I agree that the temp is higher than I thought it would be, but I don't see any upper 40s anywhere around here, including Mid-County.
Last edited by southerngale on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Austin and Waller Counties appears to have a nice sleet event going on.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
rnmm

Thank you Polis
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
Paul

Randy did you say your going with your gut? :lol: If I was a betting man I would put a dollar on Beaumont getting in on the action..
Mr. T

rnmm wrote:Where is CLL?? or is there a website I can use to know the abbreviations? Thank you all

sorry

CLL = College Station
IAH = Bush Airport
HOU = Hobby Airport
GLS = Galveston
CXO = Conroe
UTS = Huntsville
AUS = Austin Bergstrom
ATT = Austin/Camp Mabry
SAT = San Antonio

There's a little cheat sheet!
  • Information