February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Mr. T

Andrew wrote:
Yea but honestly wxman do you think this is reasonable especially with how fast the GFS just diminishes the moisture. I mean even in 6 hours the moisture is not extended that far out east. I don't know maybe I am seeing something wrong.
looks good to me...
sleetstorm

ProfMET wrote:Sorry guys, that may have been another channel. I was flipping back and forth, so it may not have been greg
Your apology is accepted, ProfMET. We just do not need or want any data that would end up causing people problems regarding this unfolding weather event. ;)
greg_kfdmtv
Pro Met
Pro Met

ProfMET wrote:This time i was watching greg, lol. He said 2-3 inches for the beaumont area.....not 8 inches!!!! I'll take it though
I don't know who you are watching...but it's not me. I am just expecting a few snowflakes with NO accumulation in Beaumont.
southerngale

ProfMET wrote:This time i was watching greg, lol. He said 2-3 inches for the beaumont area.....not 8 inches!!!! I'll take it though
No, he didn't.

He even had a graph that showed a trace to 1 inch in the Golden Triangle area, from the coast up through the Lakes area, pointing out that there likely wouldn't be much, if any accumulation in Beaumont. He had 2-3 inches well north of the Beaumont area, closer to Central TX.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

People are already calling for a bust over at s2k.... someone make me feel better :( hahahah
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

weatherguy425 wrote:People are already calling for a bust over at s2k.... someone make me feel better :( hahahah

See that is what really ****** me off. One minute everyone is saying look at all the wintry weather coming, and then the next they call it a bust. Stay committed! At this point I think it is just best to watch and whatever happens happens.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where did Wxman say dew points were high?

Looking around things look good.

Oklahoma- 22
Dallas- 29
Austin- 33
Hunstville- 34

They should drop some more overnight so I think dew point wise Houston should be fine.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

IAH has a dew point of 38, and while it will fall....it wont fall into the mid to upper 20's as desired for good wet bulbing
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

weatherguy425 wrote:IAH has a dew point of 38, and while it will fall....it wont fall into the mid to upper 20's as desired for good wet bulbing
Yes but freezing should be reachable.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

yes, but not while precip is falling
  • Information