March 2019: Strong Front/Rain Chance To End March

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

While a broken line of showers will be possible tomorrow, the biggest story will be the cold air filtering south. Highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s will be likely for most across SE and Central Texas. A slight chance of rain will be possible through Monday. Otherwise, gradual warming should occur late next week before another front enters the state.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Cpv17

Wow, the 0z Euro is wet..basically showing 2-5” across our area for the next 10 days. Wettest run of the Euro I’ve seen in a very long time. GFS is pretty similar.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Colder air is barreling across the State and should be nearing College Station by noon, Metro Houston by around 2 PM and off the Coast by 6 PM. I don't see much of a chance for any significant rainfall. The cap looks to strong this go around and available moisture is not that impressive. Perhaps some over running light rain overnight into tomorrow morning. You'll need a jacket tomorrow morning and again on Monday morning!
Attachments
03302019 13_metars_abi.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
jasons2k

30% today and down to 20% tonight. 3rd system meltdown in a row. Cap: 3, The Nino: O.
mckinne63

Sure could use some rain to wash this pollen away! Allergies are driving me batty! And tired of my car looking like the green hornet. :lol:

Will the chillier temps help with the pollen issue?
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

mckinne63 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:13 am Sure could use some rain to wash this pollen away! Allergies are driving me batty! And tired of my car looking like the green hornet. :lol:

Finally gave into a car wash, but that only helps for a couple of days. :roll:

Rain will help knock the pollen down, but we are just at that point in the year and will be for the next month or so.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
mckinne63

Andrew wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm
mckinne63 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:13 am Sure could use some rain to wash this pollen away! Allergies are driving me batty! And tired of my car looking like the green hornet. :lol:

Finally gave into a car wash, but that only helps for a couple of days. :roll:

Rain will help knock the pollen down, but we are just at that point in the year and will be for the next month or so.
I've washed my car 3x over the last 3 weeks. Total waste of time and money, but at least my car looked better than than the guy that pulled into the space next to me yesterday. ;) His car had an inch thick of pollen on it. LOL

It was looking like rain earlier, had a few sprinkles, but alas nothing to write home about. Sigh...
Cromagnum

Could use a day, maybe 2 tops where we get a good inch or so of rain each time. I'm redoing a patio so hoping it doesn't turn into February again.
BlueJay

Good bye March 2019.
  • Information