Is it me or

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Kingwood36

Does it seem like storm2k is more biased towards north Texas as opposed to central and south east Texas? Maybe it's just me lol
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm Does it seem like storm2k is more biased towards north Texas as opposed to central and south east Texas? Maybe it's just me lol
That’s true because the majority of people that are on there are from north Texas. More people from this area need to sign up on there!
MontgomeryCoWx

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:33 pm
Kingwood36 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm Does it seem like storm2k is more biased towards north Texas as opposed to central and south east Texas? Maybe it's just me lol
That’s true because the majority of people that are on there are from north Texas. More people from this area need to sign up on there!
Yep, the core group of posters there are mainly from DFW and Austin. With that said, there are some fantastic poster who understand upper level dynamics and can latch on to possible fun solutions a good ways out.

I post over there as do Cpv, srain, tireman, wxman57 and I think katdaddy does as well.

My favorite is bubba hotep who is from the Wichita Falls area. Great poster and a fellow winter weather lover.
Team #NeverSummer
davidiowx

Yes they are. I post on both but I visit this one more often since it is predominantly SE Texas people. Most of S2K is as Montgomery said above, central and N Texas folks. Both are good resources for weather!

I will say though, they can get a little grumpy over there when winter weather is down here and not up there ;)
jasons2k

Kinda ironic I'm always posting about local weather here versus on Storm2k. I could probably do more to keep the SE Texas conversation going over there as well. It's hard...
South_Texas_Storms
Pro Met
Pro Met

Yeah I post there more often than here...trying to post more here though.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yep I have posting at Storm2k since the beginning days after GoPBi Storm 97-99. I do not post as often but follow the threads and also enjoy bubba hotep's posts. There are many great posters at S2K as MontgomeryCoWx stated and enjoy seeing the NTX posters get riled up over Winter precipitation which I understand with more close calls than we have here in SE TX each Winter.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I agree with Katdaddy and MontgomeryCoWx...it is biased, but hey, S2K does have lots of HGX folks too..
  • Information