NOVEMBER 2018: Thanksgiving Outlook

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17

Katdaddy wrote:Ready for Spring and Summer 2019 however if Winter 2018-2019 brings some snow; I will enjoy and stay warm.
It already has once lol I believe a lot more will come. This setup is looking fantastic!
unome

Hooks hasn't reported since last night https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/getobext.php?sid=KDWH

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap reads anywhere from 28 to 34 for my immediate area

cheapo patio thermometer reads 34, but it's on the house wall, which is likely warmer

I'm done with winter for now, bring back my sun & warming rays !
snowman65

Now that this big freeze event will be over today, when is the NEXT one?? That's all I want to know....lol....keep on bringin em....
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

The forecast for the very busy Thanksgiving travel period looks messy across the Texas Gulf Coast. While there remains some uncertainty this far out, the computer guidance does indicate a Coastal trough develops near Brownsville after the next cold front arrives Sunday. That trough appears to deepen Tuesday and into Wednesday with showers and thunderstorms developing and some potential for heavy rainfall depending on the actual track of a strong Coastal Low. Travel may be impacted particularly Wednesday into Thanksgiving Day and possibly extending into next Friday. We will be monitoring carefully as many of us have travel plans. Stay Tuned!
Attachments
11152018 Day 6 9mhwbg_conus.gif
11152018 Day 7 9nhwbg_conus.gif
11152018 9Z 7 Day QPF p168i.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
jasons2k

Saturday: Mostly Sunny and 70F. I can't wait!!!
MontgomeryCoWx

December is starting to look very cold and stormy! We may be locking in an epic Winter in a couple weeks.

Long range has flipped to much Colder.
Team #NeverSummer
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:December is starting to look very cold and stormy! We may be locking in an epic Winter in a couple weeks.

The longer range guidance will be playing cat up with these new Updated Teleconnection Indices. Impressive Hemispheric Pattern developing as we end November and begin December. Siberia is running well below normal temperature wise for mid November. A massive Northern latitude blocking regime establishes a very negative NAO and AO. That positive PNA suggests a Western Ridge and a negative EPO delivers storms system at the higher latitudes up and over the Bering Sea/Western Alaska dumping cold air across the North Pole into North America. Above normal snowfall across the Northern Hemisphere also suggests less airmass modification as we roll forward in time.
Attachments
11152018 Teleconnection 4indices.png
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
snowman65

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:December is starting to look very cold and stormy! We may be locking in an epic Winter in a couple weeks.

I hope you're right!!
CrashTestDummy

And I'm wishcasting that the models are wrong! We finally got a good crop of oranges and grapefruit this year. Praying we don't get a setback with freezing weather this fall/winter.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

"You can learn a lot from a Dummy."
snowman65

The longer range guidance will be playing cat up with these new Updated Teleconnection Indices. Impressive Hemispheric Pattern developing as we end November and begin December. Siberia is running well below normal temperature wise for mid November. A massive Northern latitude blocking regime establishes a very negative NAO and AO. That positive PNA suggests a Western Ridge and a negative EPO delivers storms system at the higher latitudes up and over the Bering Sea/Western Alaska dumping cold air across the North Pole into North America. Above normal snowfall across the Northern Hemisphere also suggests less airmass modification as we roll forward in time.[/quote]

This is what I read: The longer range ndfgoijhdgh[ne[hoerhoh Novemebr and begin December. A massive i;apiohvihvfqhphnpuihafguiomvehp[iomhcwaemhe. Above normal snowfall.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Information