December 2017: End Of The Year Weather

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
snowman65

This weather is deplorable.....
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

snowman65 wrote:This weather is deplorable.....
And in 24 hours it will be 20F to 25F colder that right now. Dalhart is currently 15F while Bush is 72F. That's a 57F difference.
Attachments
12222017 14Z_metars_abi.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

If, and it's a BIG if regarding our sensible weather as we end December I see some signs for some cold air and over running moisture next Thursday and Friday. The Ensembles favor our source Region get cold for a change and a favorable jet stream pattern and upper air flow that may deliver some of that cold air into our Region. A storm tracking across Central Texas with embedded disturbances in a noisy sub tropical jet may mean little precipitation falling through the cold air at the surface. We will see.
The attachment 122222017 Day 8+ 500hgt_comp_sup610.gif is no longer available
122222017 Day 8+ 500hgt_comp_sup610.gif
12222017 192 gfs-ens_T2ma_nhem_33.png
12222017 192 ecmwf-ens_T850a_nhem_9.png
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
jasons2k

Looks like a great day to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts!
Cromagnum

Finally feeling the front. Barely gets us into the upper 40s this weekend with highs in the 60s though. At least it won't be 80 and humid
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Depending on clearing, a lot of us may be close to seeing freezing temps Christmas morning. should see 30s across much of the region though. Highs in the 50s too. Will feel like full blown winter, a welcome change from the last couple years.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
cperk

A Christmas in the 50's and the snow event is a blessing.I feel extremely fortunate.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just shy of 30F colder this morning at my house versus yesterday morning. Another stronger shot of cold air arrives Sunday setting the stage for coats and jackets Christmas Eve night and Christmas day instead of shorts and flip flops. Merry Christmas gang. We have endured a lot this past year weather wise. I wish each of you the very best that Christmas can offer you and your Family.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
mckinne63

srainhoutx wrote:Just shy of 30F colder this morning at my house versus yesterday morning. Another stronger shot of cold air arrives Sunday setting the stage for coats and jackets Christmas Eve night and Christmas day instead of shorts and flip flops. Merry Christmas gang. We have endured a lot this past year weather wise. I wish each of you the very best that Christmas can offer you and your Family.

Yes, have a sweatshirt on this morning! I grew up in Wisconsin, so shorts on Christmas day is just so wrong! :lol:

Merry Christmas to all the pro mets and members here! This is my go to place to follow the weather. Y'all do an awesome job.
cperk

The Houston metro area has been through a rough 2017.I would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to whose that were affected by Harvey, a lot of which are still repairing and displaced from their homes.I would also like to wish my khou forum members and their families a merry Christmas.
  • Information