General Weather Discussions and Analysis
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Latest from NWS Houston
Attachments
Latest From NWS Houston.PNG
TexasBreeze

Looks like 18z GFS has come in more bullish too... Between hr 12 and 18.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... s=0&ypos=7
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Media in Bryan/College Station reports flurries now.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
MontgomeryCoWx

Sleeping in south CS
Team #NeverSummer
harp

srainhoutx wrote:Media in Bryan/College Station reports flurries now.
Do you know what surface temps are in that region?
davidiowx

harp wrote:
srainhoutx wrote:Media in Bryan/College Station reports flurries now.
Do you know what surface temps are in that region?

Per the NWS it’s 41 degrees, BUT the dew point is in the upper 20s compared to a dew point of 39 at IAH.
MontgomeryCoWx

Dew point in Magnolia is 32
Team #NeverSummer
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

Interesting to note lightning west of San Antonio as lift is maximized...
DoctorMu

Cromagnum wrote:I hate to Grinch it up, but it's just going to be very cold rain with possible slick spots on stop signs and street signs. Nothing to get excited about.
The main problem for north of Hempstead will be the opposite - cold, dry air. Palestine has snow falling, but it's verga - never reaching the ground. There's a nice band or precip just north of Bryan, but it's not snow yet. I did see some snow and grauple missed in with light rain about 20 min ago.

Looks like X-mas Eve 2004 - Part Deux. will look forward to pictures from the coastal regions! We *might* see some flurries in the next 1-2 hours in CLL...but that's about it.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

DoctorMu wrote:
Cromagnum wrote:I hate to Grinch it up, but it's just going to be very cold rain with possible slick spots on stop signs and street signs. Nothing to get excited about.
The main problem for north of Hempstead will be the opposite - cold, dry air. Palestine has snow falling, but it's verga - never reaching the ground. There's a nice band or precip just north of Bryan, but it's not snow yet. I did see some snow and grauple missed in with light rain about 20 min ago.

Looks like X-mas Eve 2004 - Part Deux. will look forward to pictures from the coastal regions! We *might* see some flurries in the next 1-2 hours in CLL...but that's about it.
Still not seeing any snow up there? Ground station is reporting some and a lot of friends up there are saying it's lightly snowing now.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Heat Miser
Location: FM 528 @ I45 border of League City, Webster, Friendswood

DoctorMu wrote:

I wouldn't go that far on the comparison. The temperature that day in the Houston area hovered at or just below freezing. Anything that falls in the form of frozen will melt unless it's extremely heavy, but even that will melt rapidly. Friendswood had 3 plus inches of snow and the further south and west you went the higher the accumulations. Plus, that was Christmas Eve, extremely rare, in fact I believe the only White Christmas for the Houston/Galveston area.
DoctorMu

Andrew wrote:
DoctorMu wrote:

Still not seeing any snow up there? Ground station is reporting some and a lot of friends up there are saying it's lightly snowing now.

haha The SNOW just started in SE College Station, as a tough of the frozen stuff dips into the area! The flakes are tiny, best seen with a street light.

https://imgur.com/EYHc83P
DoctorMu

Heat Miser wrote:
DoctorMu wrote:

I wouldn't go that far on the comparison. The temperature that day in the Houston area hovered at or just below freezing. Anything that falls in the form of frozen will melt unless it's extremely heavy, but even that will melt rapidly. Friendswood had 3 plus inches of snow and the further south and west you went the higher the accumulations. Plus, that was Christmas Eve, extremely rare, in fact I believe the only White Christmas for the Houston/Galveston area.
The most snow in a 100 years IIRC.
Ounce

DoctorMu wrote:
Andrew wrote:
DoctorMu wrote:

haha The SNOW just started in SE College Station, as a tough of the frozen stuff dips into the area! The flakes are tiny, best seen with a street light.

And a microscope. ;)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Snow band developing across Austin and Bryan/College Station and slowly advancing SE.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
SKIDOG46

Snow hard. 6 inches worth by my calculator
redneckweather

Light snow flurries near Lake Conroe Dam now.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Temps dropping fast to the northeast. Getting good evaporation
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
DoctorMu

Ounce wrote:
DoctorMu wrote:

And a microscope. ;)[/quote]

Not any longer! Show intensity increased dramatically in the last 30-40 min. It's sticking to grass, cars, roofs. Melting on contact on the street, naturally...but that moisture on the streets could freeze tonight.
don

It seems to me that the national weather service is going to have to issue some winter weather advisories tonight, at least i would think so.
  • Information