Thanksgiving Forecast

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
sambucol

What does our weather look like in SE Texas for Thanksgiving and the week leading up to it?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

sambucol wrote:What does our weather look like in SE Texas for Thanksgiving and the week leading up to it?
Being 11 days + out, we may see a cold front arrive Friday after Thanksgiving cooling us off. It could be rather chilly across a lot of the Eastern half of the United States if those long range models are correct. Still way too soon to know with any certainty.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

As we approach the long Thanksgiving Holiday week ahead, it appears after this weekends cool front that our sensible weather pattern may offer a NW flow aloft that keeps temperatures in check or slightly below seasonal early to mid next week. Clouds increase next Wednesday ahead of a strong Canadian Front with possibly much cooler air arriving Thanksgiving Day. There is still uncertainty beyond 3 to 5 days in model world, so keep that in mind when attempting to pin point our weather forecast. The GFS is rather cold with highs struggling to reach 50 on Turkey Day and into the weekend following Thanksgiving. The GFS suggests temperatures flirting with near freezing for overnight lows a week from this Friday and the following Saturday mainly N of I-10. The ECMWF is about 24 hours slower with the front next week, so keep that in mind. Those Medium to Long range models do suggest a rather deep early Winter like cold trough encompassing the Eastern Half of the Lower 48 later next week for those traveling to the East and NE.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

The overnight guidance suggests a glancing shot of Canadian Air arrives next Wednesday with a new fly in the ointment regarding our sensible weather. Will need to introduce a chance of rain beginning next Tuesday and possibly continuing into Thanksgiving Day as a Coastal wave of low pressure develops in Deep South Texas along the frontal boundary and crawls up the Coast later next week. The ECMWF is the "wettest" model with the GFS not as wet and not as chilly as yesterday.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
snowman65

Not a big fan of "glancing shots".....I want the whole enchilada!!!
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

snowman65 wrote:Not a big fan of "glancing shots".....I want the whole enchilada!!!
You are welcome via the 12Z GFS...lol
Attachments
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_41.png

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
TexasBreeze

Shades of Leon Lett weekend from that model...
snowman65

srainhoutx wrote:
snowman65 wrote:Not a big fan of "glancing shots".....I want the whole enchilada!!!
lol...Would be nice but I know better :D
CrashTestDummy

srainhoutx wrote:
Yuk!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

"You can learn a lot from a Dummy."
cperk

srainhoutx wrote:

I'm in on that action. :D :D
DoctorMu

srainhoutx wrote:

haha Just for fantasy posterity:

srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

There remains a lot of uncertainty regarding what our sensible weather may bring next week for the long Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend. There is a disturbance currently located over Siberia that is giving the Global Models fits and likely we will not be able to see the impacts to our local forecast until early next week. That GFS run yesterday was interesting to see, but that outcome is probably not even close to reality.

The overnight ECMWF and to some extent the Canadian do suggest the possibility of cool, rainy and raw weather may be possible mid next week while that good old GFS is dry and a seasonal regarding temperatures.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
  • Information