April 2017 - MS 150 Forecast This Weekend

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

Temp dropped 10 degrees in 10min.
jasons2k

Barely a trace here..pfffttt..
Cromagnum

That's the new norm. Call for 100% chance of rain, and get nothing at all. It's like the 4th time this year already.
djmike

Huge bust here in Beaumont. Our mets never mentioned anything about a cap. Only knew about it from hearing you guys. We were bulleye for heavy rain. Was in a flash flood watch. Met had a graphic showing 90% chance of hail, damaging winds and flooding. We too were at a 100% al day and into the night. Waited all day yesterday and lastnight. Might have had sprinkles when the front passed and that was it. I know the possibility was there and its better to warn in advanced than not, bit just seems this is the fourth time in a row. Mets here could have atleast mentioned the cap. I bought a brand new jeep yesterday and I was in a hirry to get home and get it under the carport. They had us here waiting for a big scary one. Oh well. It better no damage and no deaths so that's always positive. Now were gonna be outside doing the rain dance as we haven't had a decent shot since early March. Mdm
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like the survey teams from NWS Ft Worth/Dallas will continue surveying tomorrow. The early indications are the Canton Tornado may have been on the ground for 50+ miles.
04302017 FWD Tornado Graphic image_full8.jpg
Thankfully the cap held for us in SE Texas or we could have seen some major weather problems as well. My prayers go out to those impacted by this Tornado Outbreak across East Texas.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
DoctorMu

srainhoutx wrote:Looks like the survey teams from NWS Ft Worth/Dallas will continue surveying tomorrow. The early indications are the Canton Tornado may have been on the ground for 50+ miles.
04302017 FWD Tornado Graphic image_full8.jpg
Thankfully the cap held for us in SE Texas or we could have seen some major weather problems as well. My prayers go out to those impacted by this Tornado Outbreak across East Texas.
The Canton tornado was 1/2 a mile wide in part of it's path. T&P for the families affected. Sometimes it is better to take the cap and a knee. Hopefully, we'll see rain on Wednesday without the extreme violence.
  • Information