First Freeze of the ~Winter of 2016

General Weather Discussions and Analysis

When will the FIRST freeze at IAH occur from November 2016 to February 2017?

Month of November
20%
Dec 1-10
28%
Dec 11-20
12%
Dec 21-31
16%
Jan 1-10
No votes
Jan 11-20
12%
Jan 21-31
No votes
Feb 1-10
4%
Feb 11-20
4%
Feb 21-28
4%

Total votes: 25
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

Lol @ A.V go get a hobby or something, you're obviously not a good troll.
GBinGrimes

Mcheer23, you beat me to the punch. AV's feet must be getting tired...been on the soapbox a long, long time.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

GBinGrimes wrote:Mcheer23, you beat me to the punch. AV's feet must be getting tired...been on the soapbox a long, long time.
We took care of him :lol:
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
StormOne

A.V. wrote:
StormOne wrote:Not so fast ;)
Still a fail. This arctic mass, which brought intense, record breaking cold to the Midwest (once in a lifetime), and was basically a direct shot into Texas, could barely drop Houston to freezing levels; Galveston, Lake Jackson, etc still remain without a freeze. Once December passes, the axis of cold shifts east, and the arctic blasts won't be Texas centered. On top of that, a warm pattern commences. Thus, this looks like it will be the last cold blast of this caliber for the season. Even with this cold, temps still haven't been below 30F; Houston is about to have another zone 10 winter.
Look at my location. I live in the Midwest. It was very cold, but not record breaking. So you can't pull the once-in-a-lifetime excuse on me, because this cold happens every Winter here, and I'm sure I'll feel it once or twice more this year. And what warm pattern? January is most always the coldest Winter month of SE TX. Sometimes even February is colder than December. Winter is far from over. Also, accept it. Houston is not North Dakota. Below 20 is a very rare occurrence at both HOU and IAH, and it always has been.

Also, that map you posted is wrong about us, and even then it is very general. Guys! Our lowest temperatures over the next 30 years are going to be between 21 and 40 except for oddball years! Unbelievable!

Edit: I see he has been fenced by a mod. Thank you to whoever did it. Back to serious stuff, like Christmas.
A transplant from Houston to Lincoln, Nebraska.
  • Information