January: Calmer Pattern To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
nuby3

ronyan

It's 33.1F here with steady rain but only that, zero frozen precip. Sad but true report, we've wet bulbed so unless CAA is still in play we won't reach freezing until tonight.
nuby3

wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ed Mahmoud wrote:
wxman57 wrote:Moderate sleet with snow mixed in at our office south-southeast of Hobby airport.

I thought you were staying home.
I assessed the situation this morning and figured roads would remain OK from SW Houston to near Hobby. Busy day here and they could use my help, though I could have done the same from home.
nuby3

wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Precip is slowly coming to an end across Houston. The tail end of the heavier precip has reached downtown. Only very light amounts expected during the afternoon (after 1:30pm).
BigNorthSide

Precip has stopped here in Willis on Lake Conroe for now at least. Spent 20 minutes or so warming up and de icing the vehicles so that my better half and I can get to work this afternoon. I certainly hope all of the moisture is headed to those of you that have not gotten to see snow yet! :)
Snowman

wxman57 wrote:Precip is slowly coming to an end across Houston. The tail end of the heavier precip has reached downtown. Only very light amounts expected during the afternoon (after 1:30pm).
wxman, what do you think the situation looks like in NOLA? There doesn't look like as much precip as expected
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

wxman57 wrote:Precip is slowly coming to an end across Houston. The tail end of the heavier precip has reached downtown. Only very light amounts expected during the afternoon (after 1:30pm).
Question, if I may sir. First, one comment. Thank you so much for all you do on and for this board. It is much appreciated. Your insight over the years has been great. Now, the question. What do you make of the moisture out to our West? Virga ?
snowman65

Radar showing tapering off now. Hope everyone got what they wanted out of this system. If not...maybe something in Febuary will bring another chance.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

tireman4 wrote:
Question, if I may sir. First, one comment. Thank you so much for all you do on and for this board. It is much appreciated. Your insight over the years has been great. Now, the question. What do you make of the moisture out to our West? Virga ?
Precip is definitely a lot lighter to our west. Some of it is likely not reaching the ground, but some is. That's why we could have light sleet mixed with small snowflakes into this evening, but no accumulations.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Light sleet continues here in NW Harris County. Intensity picked up a bit in the last 30 minutes as the final band moves past.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
kayci

sleet & flurries in Texas City right now... yes, I said Texas City well south of H-Town
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

12Z Euro indicating widespread snow across south and SE TX next Friday. We shall see...
Kingwood31

wxman57 wrote:12Z Euro indicating widespread snow across south and SE TX next Friday. We shall see...
Are you serious wx57??i mean really lol
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kingwood31 wrote:
wxman57 wrote:12Z Euro indicating widespread snow across south and SE TX next Friday. We shall see...
Are you serious wx57??i mean really lol
I'm just reporting what the 240-hr Euro panel is indicating.
don

Yep the 12z euro is showing yet another winter storm late next week...
TeamPlayersBlue

.07 here at my weather station. I want to thank all of you met for your input on this system and the run uo to the system as well. Means alot and as an academic, i learn something new every time!
Kingwood31

Would that set a record if it verified..3 winter storms in hou..has it ever happend?
  • Information