January: Calmer Pattern To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

Almost all snow at my place now!! Still coming down. Roofs and cars are white.
JulieC

Looks like the end of the precip is between here and San Antonio. Will that be it or will there be more building in? I don't see much going on here in Katy right now but we have had sleet this morning and ice pellets.
helloitsb

Hey Candy Cane, any way you see it getting above freezing for us in N Harris?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just spoke to Doc Neil. He says just light rain and some sleet at his location and sends his greetings to everyone on the KHOU Regional Weather Forum and how proud Dan would be for all that we have accomplished. :mrgreen:
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

No crap CC!!?? I'm north of you and am not seeing snow. Push it back north!!!
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I agree with Jason's post. I just caught up on all the overnight comments, and I have never in my life I think been so annoyed with seeing the word "bust".
While this may not be the "2-4" inches of snow like predicted over the weekend, the fact is, winter weather is going on that is causing hazardous weather across Houston area. Schools made right calls whether this is worse than Friday or not. Models did a good job as far as showing this was going to be more of a sleet/ice event than snow event.
I understand y'all's frustration, but that is what makes weather fun (IMO). Why I'm getting a degree in Meteorology! If anything, let this be a learning experience.
Blake
Boomer Sooner
don

its snowing in humble, very small grains and flakes!
TxJohn

JulieC wrote:
srainhoutx wrote:John, shouldn't you be trolling someone on Facebook instead of offering little in the way of value to our discussions here on the Weather Forum? You been extremely active in constantly pointing out why this event is a total bust. It's getting old and fast.

Thank you for saying this! Last night I was looking for real info and all I saw were a bunch of folks squabbling over the precip type. It was fairly clear that it would be frozen and dangerous, so what's the difference? As far as this being a bust, I seem to remember that from the very beginning, you all were saying it would be a middle of the day event instead of an overnight/early morning one. So it seems we are right on track in that case! Keep up the good work, we appreciate what you do.

Julie
If you're gonna call me out for "trolling" then call out the others too. I have never personally attacked anyone on this forum ..so I don't see why you would personally attack me, Srain. I have nothing against anyone on this forum. But I digress...it seems like this board has it preferences and biases. When I had my old account...this board was much different...now idk. It seems like if you don't go along with the general consensus of the members then you should be banned. Well I apologize for bringing up the topics of dry air and the warm nose as well as moisture availability. Anyways I have absolutely no hard feelings towards anyone...so for ppl to be making direct attacks at me and calling me out when other ppl have been trolling here for days now....that's a bit unfair. But it's all good.

Have a good day folks, stay safe and enjoy the weather.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

srainhoutx wrote:Just spoke to Doc Neil. He says just light rain and some sleet at his location and sends his greetings to everyone on the KHOU Regional Weather Forum and how proud Dan would be for all that we have accomplished. :mrgreen:
I miss Doc on air. I really do. Tell him that Srainhoutx. It is really coming down in Atascocita. Maybe that snow will make it from Candy Cane to us. :)
losmabies

Just had a really great snow/sleet shower that the kids got to play in. Really nice snow mixed in. I am located off Riley Fuzzel/Rayford Road area in Spring (Montgomery County). Snow has slowed, but sleet is still coming down. Roof tops and cars are white.
jasons2k

Transitioned to snow here in last few minutes.
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

All rain still here. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
spadilly

I'm out near Cypress N Houston and Jones this morning for a job...and we are getting some light snow right now :D
unome

hats off to de-icing crews & the people behind the scenes making decisions, only 1 incident on Houston Transtar at the moment - can't beat that on a good day - hope it continues

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/road ... x?show=IOR

198 WEST RD @ 10300 NORTH FWY OB Major Accident 01/28/2014 9:49 AM
jabcwb2

Can anyone say with any certainty that we will for sure be staying at or below freezing for the remainder of the day and if so, where that freeze line will be?
Wood6818

srainhoutx, How much more Moisture can we expect?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Light snow and sleet starting to accumulate on the roof tops and cars at my location in NW Harris County.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
WX201

Heavy sleet - snow mix north of Beaumont. It's sticking roads are gonna glaze over tonight with these temps and forecast to go much lower
relic57

Snow flakes falling in Atascocita :)
SusieinLP

Getting light sleet now. I can hear it hitting my deck. I was outside trying to fix something with my pond pump and noticed the patio table had ice.
  • Information