January: Calmer Pattern To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Paul

freeze line now moving into Cypress area....Katy reporting a mix....Cinco Ranch almost down to 32F now so the temps are dropping as expected.
nuby3

slush has now turned into solid ice on the railing at I-45 and Rayford Sawdust
Kingwood31

Well I'm tired I'm going to bed..so far nothing in kingwood still witch I figured ...good luck everyone!
South_Texas_Storms
Pro Met
Pro Met

Andrew wrote:Mixing with sleet and snow up here. Overpasses are closed up here in college station. Heavy sleet too. Sidewalks are beginning to freeze over. Streets will be next.
Yep I just went outside and saw it! You still think we will transition to all snow here before it ends in a few hours?
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

Is there still going to be snow sleet and ice in sugar land
nuby3

South_Texas_Storms wrote:
Andrew wrote:Mixing with sleet and snow up here. Overpasses are closed up here in college station. Heavy sleet too. Sidewalks are beginning to freeze over. Streets will be next.
Yep I just went outside and saw it! You still think we will transition to all snow here before it ends in a few hours?

I think this will last a lot more than a few more hours. In fact, maybe 12 - 15 more
Kingwood31

Anyone know why humble or kingwood haven't got anything frozen yet..shouldn't the freeze line already passed this area?
nuby3

YES EVERYONE THERE WILL BE ICE IT JUST STARTED
nuby3

be patient it's coming
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For those that live south of I-10 and are asking if it will transition to snow, that's a tough call for anyone to really make as a balloon launch would help answer that. Seeing accumulating snow south of I-10 look to be fairly low, though, flurries and some snowflakes are certainly possible. Freezing rain and sleet look to be the main concern.

If you live north of I-10, that is where you have a high probability of picking up accumulating snowfall overnight tonight as the next batch of moisture will be arriving sometime after 3am.
Blake
Boomer Sooner
cristina6871

went to bed and woke up a few minutes ago to "check" on things. I think it's still liquid for me - when will it transition - and the weather channel app says it's not freezing yet in my area. Is that wrong? It's funny that Rayford Sawdust can have ice and I still have liquid. Maybe like some have said, I'll be surprised in another 4 hours when I wake up. Going back to bed - will check back in another couple of hours.
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kingwood31 wrote:Anyone know why humble or kingwood haven't got anything frozen yet..shouldn't the freeze line already passed this area?
Weather app shows Kingwood sitting at 32 right now. As far as precip, you might have a dome over your house. But if you haven't seen anything yet, I'm almost certain you will within the next few hours. Anything that does fall though won't be just "rain".
Blake
Boomer Sooner
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

South_Texas_Storms wrote:

I think it will but really doesn't make much of a difference. My Sidewalk is completely frozen and the street is now in the process of freezing over. Don't see how school will be in session tomorrow. Be warned Houston this is coming your way with a kick!
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Kingwood31

I'm sure things will change but as of right now I'm not really impressed with this..I've been staring at rain drops for about 6 hrs lol
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I expect the band of moisture out west near San Antonio to start picking up in intensity as it moves east to Houston.

For those that have yet to see any winter precip, don't lose hope! Things aren't over by a long shot. Still main energy out west. 3am or later is when SE TX radar should really get going.

I'm off to bed, 7am will be here soon enough!
Blake
Boomer Sooner
djmike

Blue snow line now entering the Beaumont area. I know areas a few miles north of Beaumont around the Kountze area are seeing flurries now. Beaumont will be seeing some shortly as this line progresses southward.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
nuby3

I now have a sleet/snow mix accumulating on roof tops and grassy surfaces
Kingwood31

djmike wrote:Blue snow line now entering the Beaumont area. I know areas a few miles north of Beaumont around the Kountze area are seeing flurries now. Beaumont will be seeing some shortly as this line progresses southward.
Congrats!
relic57

Starting to see some light sleet here in Atascocita
WX201

djmike wrote:Blue snow line now entering the Beaumont area. I know areas a few miles north of Beaumont around the Kountze area are seeing flurries now. Beaumont will be seeing some shortly as this line progresses southward.
It's coming...snowing fully now...trees are rattling with ice as the wind blows
  • Information