OCTOBER: Halloween Storm: Severe Storms/Flash Flood Threat?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
ticka1

Email from Jeff Lindner:

NWS has issued a Flood Warning for lower Clear Creek at I-45.

The creek has gone overbanks and will continue to rise this afternoon. Minor flooding is expected along the creek mainly impacting low lying areas near the creek. No homes are expected to be impacted at these levels.

The creek is elevated and close to bankfull at FM 528, FM 2351, and Bay Area Blvd
Portastorm

As a result of the heavy rainfall event last night/this morning, Austin established a new record for monthly precipitation in October with 13.27 inches. The old record was from 1925 of 12.63 inches.
Rip76

Looks like one more shot for Houston, then done.
I say that, but it may move south.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is good news, Portastorm. The rain has stopped in NW Harris County and I just emptied almost 4 and 1/2 inches of rain from the old rain bucket for this event. Looks like the kids will have a muddy trick or treat night, but the rain should be out of our hair until next week.Good job overall everyone. We know that a lot of folks were following this event throughout the week and with S2k down, our Weather Forum Facebook page provided a lot of good information for our Regional folks. Kudos to Andrew for that detailed forecast late last night. He is just one of our Forum folks that has grown up in our weather board world that we will be pleased to issue that Pro Met tag to when they graduate. :mrgreen:
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
jasons2k

Came home from a three day trip to 4.92" in the bucket. I believe that's the most I've emptied from this gauge (I got it post-Ike).

So that brings me to 11.44" for October. Happy Halloween everyone.
unome

October rain totals, from NWS' Twitter: https://twitter.com/NWSHouston

10" plus by us !

of course, you can tweak the view here: http://www.harriscountyfws.org/
  • Information