'Climategate'--more alarming news of falsified info.

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

unome

You know Candy, I read the article & I didn't see Gore's name in it anywhere, I don't understand the relevance of your comment about the article, unless it was just political in nature?
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

unome wrote:You know Candy, I read the article & I didn't see Gore's name in it anywhere, I don't understand the relevance of your comment about the article, unless it was just political in nature?
Well he is undoubtedly touted as the de facto spokesperson for global warming. That is why his name was mentioned. There is a ton of money to be made and nobody can seem to see that.
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

In an editorial for the New York Times, Al Gore wrote:

"It is true that the climate panel published a flawed overestimate of the melting rate of debris-covered glaciers in the Himalayas, and used information about the Netherlands provided to it by the government, which was later found to be partly inaccurate. In addition, e-mail messages stolen from the University of East Anglia in Britain showed that scientists besieged by an onslaught of hostile, make-work demands from climate skeptics may not have adequately followed the requirements of the British freedom of information law."

OK.
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

wxdata wrote:In an editorial for the New York Times, Al Gore wrote:

"It is true that the climate panel published a flawed overestimate of the melting rate of debris-covered glaciers in the Himalayas, and used information about the Netherlands provided to it by the government, which was later found to be partly inaccurate. In addition, e-mail messages stolen from the University of East Anglia in Britain showed that scientists besieged by an onslaught of hostile, make-work demands from climate skeptics may not have adequately followed the requirements of the British freedom of information law."

OK.
Dan, this is why I like you...
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

Drat I missed this- Joe Bastardi and Bill Nye debate on man-made global warming. An interesting read

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587272,00.html
biggerbyte

Hmmm!

Why is it that everytime any democrat, including Gore, is mentioned in a negative light, it is somehow politcally motivated? The facts are the facts when it comes to his silly stance on global warming. His being a democrat has nothing to do with it.
The more I hear about this subject, especially from Gore's lips, the more I am convinced that the whole global warming issue is null and void. I used to try and be objective over the subject, but they've crossed over the ignoramous line at this point.
  • Information