July: Hot & Humid To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Snowman

If we don't get some sun north of I-10 here we can say goodbye to all that heavy rain that was forecasted...
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

Outflow boundaries moving north from coastal convection, helping to fire some showers in northern Harris County at the moment...I think today may be a day to watch convection to our north and see if a MCS can form south of Dallas and roll south this afternoon/evening. With such high PWATS, NO cap, and a slightly more diffluent atmosphere today...even the smallest amount of sun will send storms firing.
MontgomeryCoWx

We will see some rain, its early. Geez, some of y'all have an abused wife syndrome when it comes to getting or missing out on precipitation.
Team #NeverSummer
jasons2k

For some reason anything that fires in Montgomery county quickly falls apart. The storms near my house just can't sustain themselves *sigh*.
jeff
Pro Met
Pro Met

[quote="Ed Mahmoud"]It appears to have rained again while I was sleeping.

I noticed Greens Bayou, which is more of a creek where it flows under I-45, was rather elevated yesterday. Hadn't seen it up in a while.

Not sure where it changes from a creek to a bayou. It flooded North of I-10 hours before Ike hit, so it does become tidally influenced eventually, but seems to be more like a creek near me.

Greens Bayou headwaters just SW of Willowbrook Mall and runs west to east to US 59 and then turns almost due south near the NE corner of Beltway 8 and confluences into the Houston Ship Channel. It is tidal well north of I-10, and some of the latest modeling I have done with the WGRFC suggest storm surge inundation would reach as far upstream as E Mt Houston in the channel.

The Greenspoint areas (Knobcrest Gage) is roughly in the upper to middle reaches of the watershed and response quickly to upstream rainfall at Willowbrook and along the north Beltway from I-45 to Sh 249.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wouldn't worry too much regarding the rain chances. PW's are in the 2.4+ range and the sun is breaking through across N/Central Texas. Remember that complex that developed near Dallas/Ft Worth late yesterday gave Travis and Bastrop Counties flooding overnight/early this morning...;)
Attachments
07102012 17Z TX VIS latest.jpg
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
jasons2k

srainhoutx wrote:I wouldn't worry too much regarding the rain chances. PW's are in the 2.4+ range and the sun is breaking through across N/Central Texas. Remember that complex that developed near Dallas/Ft Worth late yesterday gave Travis and Bastrop Counties flooding overnight/early this morning...;)
Yeah, but it was also 99 degrees at Camp Mabry yesterday....

I don't doubt we'll see redevelopment, but more sun would make me more hopeful.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

srainhoutx wrote:I wouldn't worry too much regarding the rain chances. PW's are in the 2.4+ range and the sun is breaking through across N/Central Texas. Remember that complex that developed near Dallas/Ft Worth late yesterday gave Travis and Bastrop Counties flooding overnight/early this morning...;)

Rap has been very insistent on heavy rains developing over the area tonight lasting through tomorrow morning...
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

Outflow boundary which is now in southern Galveston County moving north has been able to fire of some heavier storms within the shield of Strati-form rain. This boundary may help organize convection which is ongoing north of I10.
jasons2k

Ed Mahmoud wrote:Will we all be looking back fondly on this week at the end of July?
I know - I keep thinking August is coming - that's why 4 days into this event with nothing so far is so heartbreaking. Hopefully the next two days can deliver.
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Skies are finally clearing up here in San Marcos. Low deck of clouds all morning and real drizzly. Just not my kind of weather. But sun is finally out with some blue skies. Hopefully we can get some more rain here this evening.
Blake
Boomer Sooner
MontgomeryCoWx

Montgomery County starting to fill in... Lake Conroe getting some good rains right now.
Team #NeverSummer
redneckweather

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:Montgomery County starting to fill in... Lake Conroe getting some good rains right now.

Yep, like I said. The radar will start to fill in up that way around early afternoon. :lol:

Gotta love reverse psychology. lol
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

FLOOD ADVISORY
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
146 PM CDT TUE JUL 10 2012

TXC039-071-157-167-201-321-102045-
/O.NEW.KHGX.FA.Y.0069.120710T1846Z-120710T2045Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
FORT BEND TX-GALVESTON TX-CHAMBERS TX-HARRIS TX-BRAZORIA TX-
MATAGORDA TX-
146 PM CDT TUE JUL 10 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LEAGUE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...
SOUTHEASTERN FORT BEND COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS...
NORTHERN GALVESTON COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS...
CHAMBERS COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS...
SOUTHEASTERN HARRIS COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS...
BRAZORIA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS...
MATAGORDA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS...

* UNTIL 345 PM CDT

* AT 130 PM CDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A PERSISTENT AREA
OF TRAINING RAINFALL CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM ROUGHLY
MATAGORDA TO WEST COLUMBIA TO MANVEL TO LEAGUE CITY TO OAK ISLAND.
WHILE RAINFALL RATES FOR MUCH OF THIS AREA ISN`T PARTICULARLY HIGH
FOR SOUTHEAST TEXAS...WE ARE BEGINNING TO SEE POCKETS OF 1.5 INCH
PER HOUR RATES AT TIMES. THIS IS FALLING ON INCREASINGLY SATURATED
GROUNDS AND MAY BEGIN TO RUNOFF AND CREATE MINOR STREET AND FEEDER
ROAD FLOODING.

* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE MINOR FLOODING INCLUDE
PASADENA...BAYTOWN...LEAGUE CITY...TEXAS CITY...PEARLAND...LA
PORTE...FRIENDSWOOD...DEER PARK...ALVIN...BAY CITY...ANGLETON...
DICKINSON...SOUTH HOUSTON...LA MARQUE...SANTA FE...BACLIFF...
PALACIOS...WEBSTER...WEST COLUMBIA...NASSAU BAY...TAYLOR LAKE
VILLAGE...SWEENY...FRESNO...EL LAGO...MANVEL...WINNIE...BRAZORIA...
WILD PEACH VILLAGE...KEMAH...AND ANAHUAC.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
MontgomeryCoWx

Western Montgomery County getting hammered by a slow moving cell.

Lake Conroe and Woodlands people should be happy.
Team #NeverSummer
djjordan

Looks like it is shaping up to be an interesting late afternoon/evening across SE Texas with these developing storms to the North of Houston. I suspect tonight we may have some sort of nocturnal event shaping up in our CWA. Gonna be keeping an eye on the radar tonight.
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
MontgomeryCoWx

Looks like I've picked up 1.5 inches in the last hour.
Team #NeverSummer
jasons2k

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:Western Montgomery County getting hammered by a slow moving cell.
Lake Conroe and Woodlands people should be happy.
Still nothing East of I-45...again...and everything moving towards me is quickly dying....again.....ugh....this is like a sick joke at this point....sprinklers when I get home for sure :evil:
jasons2k

Ed Mahmoud wrote:HGX disco- they are considering an FFW, some concern for nocturnal rains West of 45 and South of 10
They might as well exclude Montgomery County between I-45 and US59 & south of 242. It hasn't rained there in 2 weeks, why change now?
Kludge

jasons wrote:They might as well exclude Montgomery County between I-45 and US59 & south of 242. It hasn't rained there in 2 weeks, why change now?
I know just how you're feeling, Jason. I've been saying the same sort of stuff for over a week now. And when I do, my wife always says, "we'll get ours". To which I reply "yeah, right :roll: "

But then this afternoon we got 1.5" in just a little over an hour. How great. So hang in there, bud... you'll get yours. :)
  • Information